Saturday, November 28, 2009

Lady Gaga and the "Hermaphrodite ~ Transgender ~ Gay" thing

I've been giving my previous post about Lady Gaga more thought and reflection.

My first 5 second impression when I first discovered her Pop existence via "Bad Romance" video was "whoa Pop Industry is starring a tranny? AND it's making fun of those Pop blonde crap for the past X years? AWESOME!" Then I realized "oh, it's really a girl. And she's not really going for funny".

Damn. I was hoping for too much.

I'm not saying this to be mean, I seriously thought that the lean 'n lanky yet girly shaped Lady Gaga with the in-your-face fake blonde hair was transgendered. Why?

If you haven't been completely sheltered away from all the strange and wonderful things that exist in this world, I believe you'll understand where my mistake is coming from.

Check out the similarities between Lady Gaga and Chris Crocker, local 'cross gendered' (for a lack of a better term) Youtube star:

Chris Crocker from 'boy' to 'girl' in 4 minutes







Lady Gaga as Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga, transgender similarities



It's the excessive theatrics that go into being a "girl" that makes me draw this connection.


But what's my point?


Methinks Lady Gaga would be more deserving of the attention and praise she's getting if:

1) She was actually transgender, thereby actually pushing the Industry envelop for the gay community (as she so often plays the "I'm for the gays" card - yes I call her bluffin' cuz I ain't takin' shit from her muffin).

2) She features Chris Crocker as her double.

3) She tops Christopher Walken's performance of "Poker Face".








Now that's what I call brilliant.

No comments: