Thursday, December 3, 2009

Learning slowly

I admit of being ahead of myself on this whole learning how to build a website thing. I thought I had a fresh enough of a mind to learn everything super fast and breeze through the whole techie gap that any newbie need to face.

If 67 year olds can learn how to build websites from scratch in X days, then by all means I should be able to get it up and running in hours! After all, I'm not totally clueless when it comes to computers and tech related business (ok, so I know adobe photoshop and editing programs. That still sorta counts).

But nope! It's taking me FOREVER to understand and grasp at the thing that makes the internet spin. All this talk of CSS and xtml, linking, anchor links, etc etc etc. I guess it's because I'm mostly lazy after coming back from a day's work. The last thing I want to do is learn more crap. Even though it's fun crap.

I need to set a schedule up for myself. Even if I do, it takes good discipline to finish things that you want done. If I have the whole day because it's a holiday, you bet your butt I'm going to be lounging around away from the computer. Which is why this crap takes forever.

I just went over to register for my new domain name and hosting service. Time to wait for the two things to click.

Then I gotta install wordpress. That's the way to go.

No comments: